I’m not sure if I like describing myself as an “experienced” blogger, but I can say I’ve been around the blogging block for awhile. I’ve been blogging for five years and am slowly but surely figuring things out.
Like all bloggers, however, I started at nothing. In fact, when I first started blogging, I didn’t know a Mailchimp from a ConvertKit from a MadMimi.
I started the Denver Bloggers Club so I could learn from other bloggers. I wanted to meet other bloggers who were doing great things and learn from them. I always joke that I wanted to rub other bloggers’ heads so they’re knowledge and success would rub off on me.
Now the tables are turned. I am one of the the experienced bloggers in my community. And guess what? That only fuels me to give back.
I truly believe when you put out good energy in the world vs. always worrying about what’s in it for you, you will see the universe give back ten-fold … or more. I feel the more I give, the more I get in return.
And the Universe is sending me a pretty clear message: Continue to give and you shall receive.
So I’ve given some thought to what an experienced blogger can expect to get out of the FYI Conference and came up with a few key benefits.
I realize I’m sometimes a little too straightforward and honest with all of you than I should be. Good girls keep things inside, right? Well, I hate to break it to you honey, I didn’t find success in my life by being a good girl and playing by social norms. This is how I feel and think – no sugar coating.
Why FYI is for New AND Experienced Bloggers
(1) Learning: You never stop learning. The minute you think you know it all or should be teaching all the sessions because you can run circles around everyone else is the day you need to check your ego at the door (see, no sugar coating!). We all can continue to learn, freshen up on our skills, etc. I think even old dogs can learn new tricks.
(2) Networking: Nothing – and I do mean nothing – replaces face-to-face contact with people in your network (or who need to be in your network). It’s not just about the sessions, it’s about spending the day being part of something bigger than you. Maybe you’ll meet an awesome writer who wants to contribute to your blog, or maybe you’ll meet a new sponsor or make a new friend. The possibilities are endless … but only if you let yourself be open to the possibilities and get out of your bubble.
(3) Giving Back: Isn’t it time you share your knowledge with others? The Universe has blessed you, so why are you holding it all so tightly to your chest? You were young at blogging, once. Don’t you remember how it felt? This group only works when experienced and new bloggers collide to work together and contribute to the greater group.
(4) Take a Day to be With Your Tribe: The Fuel Your Influence Conference is about taking a day off from your life to grow, learn and stretch alongside your blogging tribe. Spend a day with people who get and understand you and what you do.
Chances are you sit behind your desk all day if you’re busy blogging. There is so much more to becoming a successful blogger than clicking and clacking at your desk all day. Trust me. Desk duty will only get you so far.
(5) It’s HERE: Oh my goodness, you don’t have to travel anywhere to go to the Fuel Your Influence Conference. Just come spend the day with us and go home and hug your kiddos or boyfriend at bedtime. No travel. No expensive hotels and Ubers. Just a day in Denver with your blogging friends.
Remember, how can such a conference exist on your doorstep without the support of the community?
We can always be learning and growing. Take a moment to dig deep and understand that attending a conference is more about being a part of your community and less about how much ROI you’ll get on a session. If you’re not thinking big, you must be thinking small.
See you big thinkers at FYI!